Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Today I've been longing for 'YesterYear' :)



We're having quite the winter storm here today. We don't get a lot of real winter weather here in North Texas...so this mixture of sleet, rain, snow, ice..,etc us really causing a lot of problems. It was expected today but things started deteriorating much sooner than expected....and it's expected to continue throughout the night. We may not get more than a couple of inches of accumulation....but since we don't have this kind of weather often, we really don't have the equipment to deal with it.

Well, because of the weather I decided not to go into the office today. I can remember 'back in the day' when the weather was so bad that you couldn't drive to the office, it meant that you didn't have to work....BUT....now that my job is all about online travel products, well...my work environment can be wherever there's a computer....and of course I have one at home....in addition to the company issued laptop which I bring home every day......so guess who had to work today anyway!

But the good thing about it is that I was able to work in my jammies....I didn't have to comb my hair (you can tell Mark is on the road and not having to see me looking this un-lovely)....and I could have a bowl of ice cream with Kaluha poured all over it during my lunch break! So, I guess it's not totally bad!

http://journals.aol.com/hhdecor2/HomeLifeDecoratingBlog/entries/343



I'm excited to have been featured on Betty's decorating journal. I thought looking at pictures of my Christmas decorations from last year might inspire me to get a move on this year! So far, my tree looks like the graphic....it's pre lit and standing in the living roomwaiting for the decorationsto just gravitate towards it like (magnetic) magic! LOL. Oh well, if the bad weather keeps going as promised and we're not able to get out and about tomorrow, I'll have Ikenna do some tree decorating! I can't put things up exactly as they were last year, because we've got more rooms and different configurations and color schemes :)


3 comments:

Nelle said...

Vivian I am so jealous of YOUR LUNCH! Never tried that, I don't have any Kahlua but I DO have Bailey's. I SOOO want to work from home, I could but the boss likes to SEE us. Now...I think I want Candace's job (even though I have no clue what it is! LOL) Time to go do dinner now.....and I am wondering what YOU are having.
HUGS.

Judith HeartSong said...

I love working at home in jammies.

jennifer said...

I love doing anything in jammies. Well, mostly anything.