Sunday, December 04, 2005

A change of attitude, an expression of gratitude and a good time had by all.

a change of attitude, an expression of gratitude and a good time had by all. When all of this ad banner mess started, I was feeling like our community had been destroyed. I was angry and hurt.   I'm still very upset about how the ad banners were implemented but I'm starting to understand that the community hasn't been destroyed it has just changed.  Before our community was like a (cyber) housing development with just one builder - AOL.  Now I think of the community as having expanded...there are more builders now like  Blogspot, Xanga, LiveJournal, MySpace.com, BraveJournal and the international flavor of AOL.   I think a community looks better with a variety of builders (in cyber space and in the  real world).

Oh, we've certainly had some 'construction issues' with our (cyber) moves, but we're getting settled in and let's face it, the people are just the same....many are just in new houses (and some are in multiple houses....their summer homes, winter homes, etc. LOL)

I would like to say thank you to everyone who has taken the leadership roles to let AOL and the outside AOL world know that customers want and deserve some respect. Many voices and pens have been busy standing up to AOL and letting them know the error(s) of their ways! It's been like (cyber) David facing/fighting (cyber) Goliath....and AOL as the (cyber) giant is getting lots of stones flung at it by the (cyber) David(s) who sprung up out of J-Land!

You can effect a change in the environment AOL, but you can't change the people. Many friendships have been born here! I had the pleasure yesterday of spending a few hours at my home with three remarkable women. I would never have met them if I had not been a member of J-Land. We all live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex and plan to keep the momentum going! The album below has the few pictures I took yesterday (some of which are blurry)Donna is in the black printed top, Judith is in the red sweater and her identical twin, Julie, is in the pink cardigan.  Ladies you really brought the holiday spirit into my home yesterday (I apologize again for not having my decorations done). I thoroughly enjoyed our visit and look forward to the next one!

http://pictures.aol.com/ap/viewShare.do?shareInfo=esv4e+9w77nW6F5wgcRAK8KPVX6X0r/3vLmsZiiHaOZWGd+BXiXp6w== viviansullinwank is presenting 'Enjoying the holiday with blogging friends' (7 pictures) http://pictures.aol.com/ap/viewShare.do?shareInfo=esv4e+9w77nW6F5wgcRAK8KPVX6X0r/3vLmsZiiHaOZWGd+BXiXp6w==

3 comments:

~~Silk said...

The text for this entry is black on black - One has to highlight it to see it. Was that on purpose?
~~Silk

Judith HeartSong said...

yes, there is nothing more important than standing up for what you believe in... Thank you Vivian. judi

Ann Marie said...

Yooo Hooo, Viv's place! They can talk all they want ... I'm headed for the kitchen!